PS For those of you using internet explorer, please forgive the horrid red color. I am having some technical difficulties, and will fix it asap!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Our Road Trip Begins
So here goes the summary of our cross-country drive. All in all it was a great adventure and we had a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong, we still spent four very long days in the car and there was definitely some whining and complaining from all of us, but overall it was a great experience. I'm glad we did it.
Here's Andrew trying desperately to drown out the sounds of kid songs. Don't worry, he only had this in one ear, so he could still hear any sirens approaching. Although it was ME who got pulled over the one night I tried to let Andrew sleep--because we had a headlight that went out. At least I got off with a warning. That reminds me, we still need to get that headlight fixed!
I was actually quite impressed that we fit as much as we did into the car without totally crowding everyone. We could even see out the back window and everyone had some leg room. The car top carrier we bought helped a lot.
Our first day was the longest. We headed out on a Sunday. It was the day after Andrew and I had spent all day and night at Kings Dominion (remember how I mentioned we sort of tried to forget we were moving the next day?!), so we had A LOT to do before we could go and didn't get off until after 12 pm. This was our longest day of driving, we had to make it to Wisconsin, which was about 14 hours of driving time, so we basically drove all night long. I knew we were in trouble when at 8 pm that night, EVERYONE had had it, and we were only halfway there. So, that was definitely our hardest day, but luckily we had a two day break in Madison, WI, visiting my sister and her family, so that made it totally worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that you guys not only have a van now but also a van top CARRIER! You really have turned into Utah Mormons and you just got back here. It was a proud moment for me whenI saw that. Good work.
Thanks Claire. I knew you'd appreciate our 'real family' style.
Love Andrew's beard. Did he shave it before work started?
I am very impressed as to how uncrowded you guys are in that van!
Nope, the beard has not only stayed, it has grown. I am not sure how long he'll keep it, but he's getting kind of used to the look and to not shaving every day, so it may be around a while. I'm still deciding what I think about it!
Post a Comment