Sunday, April 27, 2008

Catching Up

Well, it's been a while since our last post... So, here we are with a little update on the last few weeks... I'll give my version, then if Becca wants to tell things her way and fill in whatever I miss, she can go ahead.

AP in Utah

So, I spent the first 10 days of April in Utah, working with my new job. It was a lot of fun, but as always I missed the family. We had just packed up the truck the week before I flew out, so by the time I got there, the truck was just arriving. I dragged most of my family members into helping and even one cousin -- it's good to have family in Utah! :-) We filled up a storage unit in Lehi and after moving all our stuff twice in 7 days, I was glad to put the lock on the door and leave it behind for a few months.




Robby's Birthday


So, I got back just in time for Robby's 5th birthday on Friday April 11th. We planned a day full of his favorite things and had a lot of fun watching him enjoy each "surprise" as we moved through the day. We drove out to his best friend's house in VA to pick him and his sister up to go play at a park. Thankfully the weather was perfect and the kids had fun running around for a couple hours. Then, after giving Robby a few choices (some healthy ones included of course), he quickly chose McDonalds, since his b-day is pretty much the only time he ever gets to go there. We took the friends home, then headed back to the Parsons where we're staying right now. My parents came over for a little visit and brought him some presents, then we headed out to the circus for the night. Robby was so excited that the circus was in town for his birthday. We went with the Papa Parsons and kids.





Annie's Birthday


Okay, the very next week on April 17th was Annie's 2nd birthday. She was so excited and ready for her "happy day" :-) She was so excited to wake up to pink ballons floating all around her. We took her up to Baltimore for the day to a children's museum that had a lot of fun activities. Andrew Parsons came along with us and we all had a good time. As soon as we got back to the house we got things going for her family party. We had talked through a few things with her to see what she wanted to do. Her answers can pretty much all be summed up in one word... "pink". Sometimes we got an extra word to help describe what she wanted. "Annie -- what do you want for your birthday dinner?" "pink pizza!" So, we pretty much decked out the party area in pink for her and she was in heaven. She's so cute how girly she is, despite growing up w/two older brothers.








Kids Circus

With kids it's always a circus, but... inspired by the "real" circus from Robby's birthday, the kids wanted to put on their own. They had some very impressive choreography at times, but most of the acts resembled "clown" acts :-)




Sidekick


Okay, I just love this picture cause Annie is such a cute little helper. If you couldn't tell from her birthday pics, she is very much a daddy's girl -- always hanging out with me. We had a little mulching party at Parsons and Annie was my most dedicated little helper. She kept saying "this is hard, daddy" but she stuck with it. It was so cute. I LOVE having my little girl :-)



Youth Conference


After getting through the birthdays, stake youth conference preparations picked up in a big way. It was the last big thing I had to do for my church calling and it just ended last night. Phew! I probably spent a good 20 hours in the last three days leading up to it, but had a really fun time w/the kids partying all night and then doing a service project painting murals and doing landscaping all day at a DC elementary school. I'll miss this calling working w/the youth... It's like "calling roulette" when you move to a new place... we'll see what we end up with in Utah!

Okay, so those are the bigger things I've been up to. It's been a busy month, but a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the Pincock family reunion coming up next week at Virginia Beach!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Well, I'm glad that the birthdays have so far gone well! I know that is such a stress getting everything together for all you guys in the spring (well, I guess Andrew stands alone huh, though by Christmas isn't that much a of a break!) What great days!! Where is the museum in Baltimore? that sounds fun! The circus must have been a blast--I haven't gone to one since I was little! I'm glad all your things got the Utah saftely!!

Lobdell family said...

Your kids are adorable. Good luck in Utah. Have fun with all the cousins. Say hi to your mom and dad for me,
One of your Trunnell cousins,
Jill Edde Lobdell in NY

Christina said...

I want to see a picture of Annie's pink pizza!

Your kids are so cute, hope we can get together sometime soon!

Eric said...

Make sure you wear a blue shirt and have at least a full week worth of scruff - that will buy you several months of no calling. Enjoy the freedom while it lasts.

Esther Noelle said...

So much excitement! I love all the pictures! Annie's hair is so long!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Wow you guys are a busy bunch :) I love all of the pictures, I can't believe how big the kids are getting! It was so great to talk to you the other day. I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach :)

jessamyn said...

Happy belated Birthday to your adorable children! I love the pink decorations!