Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day and a great weekend (hopefully you got a long one!)
We pretty much had a perfect Valentine's Day. Andrew and I actually got to go out on TWO dates, plus hang out with our good friends over the weekend, so I'm feeling spoiled. We didn't plan to go out on Valentine's Day at all, because I hate going out when everything is overcrowded, but Andrew's sweet sister offered to watch the kids and so we decided to go out a day early. We had a really nice dinner and spent some time walking around Borders, which we both love to do!
So, after starting out the holiday early with our date, we had a yummy breakfast together as a family on Thursday morning. Then the kids and I stopped by a church Valentine activity where they enjoyed decorating & eating cookies. I had to pick Andrew up from work, which meant that we all got to have lunch together, another unusual and exciting event!
Then, my awesome brother called and said he wanted to watch our kids for Valentine's Day, and my parents invited us to go out with them, and you just can't refuse an offer like that! So we went to a small, inexpensive restaurant that makes delicious crepes (which wasn't crowded at all!) and then to a MOVIE, which, as I mentioned before, rarely happens. The movie isn't really worth recommending, but we still had a great time. It was really fun to go out and to spend time with my parents who I don't get to see as often as I'd like. Thank you to all our kind family members for helping us to have such a fun time!
We spent our weeked with some good friends in Virginia, who we also don't get to see as often as we'd like. Thanks guys for putting us up, and putting up with us. We love you and had a great time!
4 comments:
Yeah! Looks like fun! We miss you guys lots! Those crepes look AMAZING!
I'm glad you guys have such great family surrounding you to watch your kids! I'm so happy for you guys that you got to go out and have such a great time. It sounds like you had a lot of fun :o)
Wow! That sounds great! I'm happy for you guys, you deserve to be spoiled! I love crepes too - yummy :)
What was the movie not worth mentioning? I'm curious cause there a couple movies out that I'm wanting to see. Anyways, glad you guys got to get out. We had 2 different babysitters, both on Valentines Day!! They swapped so we didn't even have to come home!!! It was great and it gave us enough time to go to the Cheescake Factory (with a 2 hour wait) and the temple. It was a great night!!
Post a Comment