Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tyler's Teeth


Tyler has been loosing teeth like crazy lately. He lost his two front teeth before Christmas, and I was pretty excited when we finally heard the song I'd been telling him about for weeks: "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" on the radio. He's been raking it in from the tooth fairy, although he decided that he was getting bored with receiving the same amount for every single tooth, and proceeded to write her a letter to request a change (i.e. more money!). I guess I should add that Tyler knows very well who the tooth fairy in this house is, but he still wrote a very detailed letter addressed to Ms. Tooth Fairy that he insisted on putting under his pillow that night. Maybe he thought it would help his chances if he went along with the game? I was asking him why he thought he should receive more money just for loosing teeth and tried to teach a valuable lesson about how we should work to earn our money. Well, he then began to explain how hard he had to work to get these teeth out, and I must admit, he did have to work kind of hard for one or two teeth that were just dangling there for a while (sorry if that's too much info!). Lucky for him, he lost two teeth in one day right after writing his letter (because this tooth fairy isn't coughing up any more money per tooth!). I guess it was lucky for me too, because it was pretty hard to turn down such a well-thought out request. So he now has lost a grand total of 7 teeth, with 5 holes in his mouth at present. I know it happens to everyone, but it feels different when it's your own kid! I have found the whole experience rather fascinating!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Seven teeth??? Wow! How does that kid eat? I remember feeling awefully foolish not being able to sign the tooth in Mrs. D's 1st grade class- mine must have been late. Such amazing milestones. And I'm glad you didn't have to bend for the letter. I was anxiously reading to find out how the sagga would end. Well done, Ms. tooth fairy Mom!

Karin said...

...awfully
(too bad you can't edit your own message...)

Esther Noelle said...

That's exciting, Becca! Hurray Tyler!

Christina said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! How could he have lost that many teeth already?!

Amber H. said...

Holy cow! I can't believe how many teeth he is missing! Felicity still hasn't lost one tooth to date. Not that I'm complaining...I love her baby teeth! You must have a much better stomach than me too, I am not good at pulling teeth! But what a cute story. I love that he was trying to negotiate with you guys! Too funny!