Thursday, January 29, 2009

Girl Time

Sorry for the loooong delays between each and every post. I've thought of a lot of excuses, but I'm too bored with all them to even bother writing them down!

So, to cheer myself up today, I decided to write about something that made me VERY HAPPY last month. An AWESOME Christmas gift that I received early from my darling husband. I got to take off to SLC for a weekend with two of my fabulous girlfriends! Thanks to much rearranging of several complicated schedules, a very generous family friend who manages a hotel, many family members willing to help with kids, and three amazing husbands, we got to spend two days and two nights ALONE, in a HOTEL, eating YUMMY food that we DIDN'T have to make (or clean up), shopping (another part of the present--money to go buy some of my own Christmas gifts--SUCH a fabulous idea & SO much fun!), going out to a movie, painting our nails, and TALKING--basically having a completely PERFECT time. I know I just blogged a few months ago about going out to eat with these girls, but really, we are hardly ever able to get together with all three of us, so I was really grateful to have that chance, especially uninterrupted for two whole days!
Thank you to the lovely man that I married, to a great sister in law, and to my two dear friends for needing this as much as I did and for making it happen-and for being the kind of people that I would want to go away with anyway! Love you ladies.


love these girls

Anthropologie--basically where all of the money was spent. Thankfully they were having some amazing sales! Oh, how I love this store!
There is something just so beautiful about room service. Actually, everything about it is pretty perfect. I'm sort of in love with the whole idea. Especially when what you order ends up looking like this, and tasting even better.

I'm telling you, it didn't last long!

Why is it so much more fun to paint your nails with girlfriends than to do it alone?

Yes, it was freezing--we were basically hit with a blizzard that weekend, so it's kind of amazing that the whole thing ended up working out, but we got some good exercise. (After fearing for our lives just driving to the hotel, all other activities were accessed by walking. Lucky we picked a hotel that was close to shopping, restaurants, movies, and more!)

Trying out some Vegas rolls and Caterpillar rolls at Happy Sumo.


Here's what we drove through to get there, and walked through all weekend. Beautiful though!

Calling home to check on the kids! Can't help worrying about them, even when we are having a blast!

13 comments:

Rosie and Derek said...

It looks like you had so much fun! That is a wonderful idea for a Christmas gift!!

Malinovka said...

How FUN, Bec!!! What an awesome present. I'd love to do that sometime. Once you become a mom, all the fun girl stuff seems to never happen again...so, I'm glad you had that fun weekend!

Christina said...

So fun! I think I would be a lot more jealous if my sister wasn't coming to town next weekend for a girls' get-a-way!

Karin said...

You girls are just too cute! So glad you had this weekend together- what a thoughtful husband!

Mindy said...

How HEAVENLY!! Looks like you had so much fun and got some much needed R&R!! Girlfriends are the best!!

Jen said...

What a great idea and what terrific husbands! I am so glad you guys got to have such a well deserved getaway!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

Rosie-it was a great Christmas idea. Everyone tell your husbands to take notes for next year! ;) Or even better, Valentine's day is coming up way sooner!!

Robin, I agree--girl time doesn't happen nearly enough once you have kids. It was nice to have some again!

Christina, hope you have a blast with your sister. Can't wait to hear all about it. When are WE going to get away?!?! :)

Love all you nice ladies!

Natalie said...

What a fun weekend! Lucky you!!

Laura said...

I'd have to say it was totally PERFECT!! The only thing is I wish it was longer :)! I loved every minute of it and I can't wait for the next time...hopefully SOON!!! Tell Andrew a forever thank you!!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

What a great little girls trip, you are so deserving, you do so much for everyone all of the time!!! Glad things are going well! We miss you guys!!!

Rebecca said...

Mariah, you're too nice to me! Don't think I deserved it more than anyone else, but I sure was grateful!