Thursday, May 15, 2008

Beach Week!

Wow, I didn't realize how long it has been since we've made a new post. If we keep this up, no one will come check our blog anymore! Sorry...it has just been harder to update things when we still don't have our own computer to upload pictures onto. We'll try and do better in a few weeks when phase two of our move is complete.

We just got back from a great family reunion with Andrew's family at Virginia Beach. This was the first time we've chosen VA Beach over the Outer Banks, and we were all very happy with the choice. The beaches are very similar, and we cut a couple of hours off the drive.

We had a great time. The kids loved visiting with cousins they don't get to see very often , and the adults had tons of fun hanging out together at night after the kids all went to bed. The house we stayed in was located directly on the beach, with nothing but sand between us and the ocean. I don't think we'll ever be able to go back to anything else after that!

A few highlights of the trip were: *My niece was baptized in the small pool we had there in the house. Tyler even gave a talk on baptism. It was a beautiful experience for everyone. *We saw dolphins quite a few times. I'm infatuated with them, and was thrilled when I saw one while I was running along the beach. The dolphin was swimming in the same direction I was running, coming above the surface often, and I felt like we were running together. :) *My sister in law Rachel works in a salon in California, and while we were at the beach she was nice enough to give me a haircut that I've been considering for a while. *While we were there, Andrew and I celebrated (by hanging out at the beach with the kids, of course) the day we met each other (which was 15 years ago!).

Here are a few pictures.












10 comments:

Karin said...

Becca, VERY CUTE! Glad I checked in tonight:) Your hair is darling- reminds me of when you tucked your looong hair into your shirt and fooled a few friends and teachers that you'd chopped it to a bob. What a fun vacation for you guys! Glad you were able to enjoy the closeness of the beach one more time.
good luck with the continual process of moving...

Christina said...

Your hair looks great! What a fun time for everyone!

Lobdell family said...

Hi Andrew and Becca,
I am Jill Edde Lobdell one of your many trunnell cousins. These are really nice pictures. Good luck with your transition to Utah.

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

What a GREAT week! I LOVE your cute hair cut. I wrote on Ester's blog that I thought I noticed that you got your hair cut and it is sooo cute! Isn't short hair so fun and easy to do??? How fun that you even got to run with dolphins too, what a highlight!

Marci said...

Love the haircut, Becca! We'll be thinking of you as you make your trip cross-country. Good luck!

Jen said...

Your hair is darling! I can't believe how grown-up Annie looks! We need to keep in touch. I miss you!

The Romney Family said...

Love the hair, Bec. :) Just thought I'd give you guys a quick shout out and let you know I have finally been sucked into the frightening world of BLOGGING (completely against Nathan's will and much to his chagrin), so "Hello, Pincock Blog! Love, Romney Blog" :) haha Can't wait to see you guys out here next week!

Laura said...

WOW Bec! I love the Hair!! I think it is so cute on you, but really your too cute not to look good which ever way you do it! Glad you had fun at one of your favorite places...ie. anyplace with sand :)!

Melanie said...

your hair looks great!!! I love it. What a fun trip! So email me jason.melanie.crane@gmail.com with an update as to you guys moving to Utah.

Amber H. said...

Becca, I have to say that I LOVE your hair! It reminds me of when you cut it short when we were in Utah. Adorable! I hope you like it :o) You are one of the few blessed with the ability to have short or long hair and always look adorable. It looks like you guys are having a wonderful time! Thanks for keeping us updated!